Kent Coastal Swimming Challenges
The Kent Coastal Swimming Challenges (KCSC) is a professional body whose aim is to promote open water swimming.
All the escort vessels are licensed to carry up to 10 -14 passengers under the regulations of the MCA (Maritime and Coastguard Agency). The pilots and crew are also registered under the MCA and work under the MCA’s commercially endorsed certification. The pilots and escort vessels are additionally registered with the English and French Coastguards.
The KCSC can offer:
Swimming opportunities around the Kent coastline in traditional swimwear or wetsuits:
• Solo swims
• Relay team events
• Solo & relay race events
• Extreme swim events
These swims can provide a good opportunity to raise awareness of and funds for various charities.
The KCSC can supply:
• A fully qualified and experienced pilot and crew on a registered channel swim escort vessel, whose priority is the
swimmer’s / swimmers’ safety under their guidance.
• The experience of swimming in open water, alongside a support vessel, for those who wish to take on future
• The experience of night swimming under similar conditions.
• ‘Point to point’ swims and return swims from one location to another/and back.
• English Channel accredited 2 and 6 hour qualifying swims.
• Opportunities for triathlons, including the support of the escort vessel.
• All the vessels are available for corporate events, filming support among other opportunities.
• Point to point swims start from £600.
• Return trip swims start from £1,200.
• Other bespoke swims can be priced accordingly.
• Training sessions are based on £100 per hour with a minimum charge of £400.
All hot water is supplied on board, along with toilet facilities, and there are limited cooking facilities available. The responsibility of the swimmer is to supply light sticks, food plus other personal equipment that will aid the swim event.
Included in the fee is a certificate of the swim track and conditions on the day, issued after the swim event or training session.
Contact details: click on a picture for further information